Help us communicate with our lawmakers by signing this petition in support of medical cannabis in the State of Washington. With your support we can continue to support the Leaf of Hope children and families.
30 Families in Need…30 Kids who are Finding Hope…30 Parents who can Sleep a Little Better at Night…Endless reasons why we need your Support!
1) For more than a year, the Leaf of Hope families have used CBD-based cannabis oil to ease the symptoms of epilepsy, autism and cancer.
2) Children suffering from Dravet Syndrome, a rare form of epilepsy, have had their seizures reduced by 50-75% with Dama cannabis oil – some are going from hundreds of seizures a day to 1-3 a week/month.
3) Time is running out for these kids. The Leaf of Hope program will need to discontinue after June 30, 2015, if the legislature doesn’t act.
4) New Leaf’s CBD oil doesn’t make kids high, it makes kids better. Let’s educate everyone about the difference between THC and CBD.
5) CBD is allowing the Leaf of Hope kids to “wake up” and participate in school often for the first time.
6) The Leaf of Hope kids are eating solid foods and sleeping through the night.
7) Many Leaf of Hope kids and families have exhausted all pharmaceutical treatment options — with little to no improvement.
8) Some Leaf of Hope kids suffer severe side effects from pharmaceutical medications that significantly impact their quality of life. CBD is allowing them to wean off these harmful medicines.
9) Without CBD, these kids could go into severe withdrawal, perhaps causing a life-threatening situation.
10) The cost per family to purchase the CBD oil in the retail market will average $1,000 per month.
Help Keep HOPE Alive
Read the petition
Help Keep HOPE AliveRead the petition
“When the majority of the population hears the term ‘medical marijuana’ they think of people smoking it. I recently met some senators in Olympia, Washington, and took my son’s CBD from the Leaf of Hope program with me. I asked them if they wanted to see it. I showed them the capsules, the syringe and lab report — and they were amazed. I told them I couldn’t dose my son unless I know what was in the product. If our lawmakers don’t understand medical marijuana how can we expect the general population to get it?”Mike Bratton
“At five years old, my daughter, Trystyn, was heavily dosed on pharmaceutical drugs to stop her seizures. She couldn’t learn or walk or talk. She couldn’t go outside at all. She wasn’t learning anything. We met New Leaf in November of 2013 when she was still on the four pharmaceutical medications. We added CBD and she woke up! We met with our neurologist and he was amazed. She knew who he was. It took three weeks to wean her off of one drug. Adding the CBD she turned into a totally different kid, she is aware of people in the room, she has learned her ABCs, colors and numbers.”Christine Emineth
Medical Pot Users and Growers Face Uncertain Future (Edited Version): View Video
We need to act now to keep Leaf of Hope alive for these 30 families and work to expand the program in the future. Thank you for your support.